Are you looking for a job in Canada and don’t know where to start?
With the current job market so competitive, it can be difficult to land a role that pays well, especially if you’re an unskilled or new immigrant. However, a few jobs pay well in Canada – and we’ve got all the details on the highest-paying jobs for newcomers and unskilled workers in 2023! So keep reading to find out more.
Job seekers in Canada often face the challenge of finding the best job that provides a good salary and great benefits. In this article, we’ll be examining some of the highest-paying jobs in Canada for those who may not have much experience or qualifications in specific fields. We’ll also provide tips and advice on how to find a job in Canada as a newcomer in 2023. Read on to learn more!
When looking for a job in Canada, it’s important to understand the employment landscape. There are many different types of jobs and industries in the country, but some fields pay more than others. For example, jobs in the healthcare sector tend to pay better than those in retail or hospitality. Similarly, skilled trades (such as electricians and mechanics) can offer higher salaries than unskilled labor positions. Additionally, certain locations may also offer higher wages than others – for example, cities such as Toronto or Vancouver may have higher wages compared to rural areas. Therefore, it’s important to research the region you wish to work in before you start your job search.
Furthermore, several resources are available to newcomers and unskilled workers looking for jobs in Canada. Many employers provide training programs and internships that can help individuals gain experience and qualifications. Additionally, several organizations provide support to immigrants looking for employment opportunities – such as The Working Centre or the Immigrant Employment Council of BC (IEC-BC). Lastly, government initiatives such as Express Entry allow qualified immigrants to apply directly for permanent residency – which can be beneficial if you plan on staying longer-term in Canada.
What are the Highest Paying Unskilled Jobs in Canada?
There are many high-paying jobs in Canada for unskilled workers. The following is a list of some of the highest-paying unskilled jobs in Canada:
1. Construction workers – construction workers can earn an average hourly wage of $25.32.
2. Janitor or cleaner – janitors and cleaners can earn an average hourly wage of $22.67.
3. Food service worker – food service workers can earn an average hourly wage of $21.00.
4. Warehouse worker – warehouse workers can earn an average hourly wage of $20.54.
5. Landscaping worker – landscaping workers can earn an average hourly wage of $19.97.
6. Truck driver – truck drivers can earn an average hourly wage of $19.92.
7. Security guard – security guards can earn an average hourly wage of $18.58.
8. Cashier – cashiers can earn an average hourly wage of $16.00.
Jobs in Canada for Newcomers, Freshers, and New Immigrants in 2023
There are many jobs in Canada for newcomers, freshers, and new immigrants. With the right skills and qualifications, you can find a job that suits your needs and preferences.
Here are some of the highest-paying jobs in Canada for unskilled workers:
1. Construction worker
2. Warehouse worker
3. Factory worker
4. Janitorial staff
5. Food service worker
6. Retail sales associate
7. Truck driver
8. Home health aide
9. Security guard
11. Administrative assistant
13. Delivery driver
14. Customer service representative
15. Medical assistant
16. Building manager
17. Financial analyst
19. IT technician
Explore Top7Jobs in Canada for Newcomers, Freshers, and New Immigrants in 2023
There are plenty of job opportunities in Canada for newcomers, freshers, and new immigrants in 2023. The country is expected to see strong economic growth, with many industries expanding and creating new positions.
|Location||No. of Jobs|
|Alberta||8026 jobs found|
|British Columbia||13713 jobs found|
|Manitoba||1250 jobs found|
|New Brunswick||564 jobs found|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||394 jobs found|
|Northwest Territories||36 jobs found|
|Nova Scotia||682 jobs found|
|Nunavut||12 jobs found|
|Ontario||10786 jobs found|
|Prince Edward Island||108 jobs found|
|Québec||1363 jobs found|
|Saskatchewan||612 jobs found|
|Yukon||106 jobs found|
Some of the highest-paying jobs in Canada for unskilled workers include:
1. construction worker – average salary of $35/hour
2. factory worker – average salary of $32/hour
3. farm worker – average salary of $30/hour
4. janitorial staff – average salary of $27/hour
5. retail salesperson – average salary of $24/hour
These are just some of the many job opportunities available for those without a lot of experience or skills. So if you’re looking to start a new life in Canada, don’t worry about finding work—there are plenty of great options out there!
Other high-paying jobs in Canada include:
1. software engineer – average salary of $75/hour
2. doctor – average salary $73/hour
3. accountant – average salary of $55/hour
4. project manager – average salary of $54/hour
5. nurse practitioner – average salary of $50/hour
6. web developer – average salary of $47/hour
7. IT technician – average salary of $42/hour
8. administrative assistant – average salary of $40/hour
9. customer service representative -average salary of $38/hour
10. electrician -average salary of $32/hour
How to Find a Job in Canada as a Newcomer in 2023?
If you are a newcomer to Canada, you may be wondering how to find a job in Canada. The good news is that there are many opportunities for newcomers to find employment in Canada. Here are some tips on how to find a job in Canada as a newcomer in 2023:
1. Do your research: Before you start your job search, it is important to do your research and identify the industries and occupations that are in demand in Canada. You can use online tools such as the Job Bank of Canada or the National Occupational Classification (NOC) to help you with your research.
2. Network: Once you have identified potential industries and occupations, it is important to start networking with people who work in those fields. Attend industry events, connect with professionals on social media, and reach out to contacts you may have in Canada.
3. Consider temporary work: If you are having difficulty finding a permanent job, consider pursuing temporary work options. This can allow you to gain Canadian work experience and make valuable connections.
4. Use government services: The Government of Canada offers many programs and services that can help newcomers find employment in Canada. These include the Foreign Credentials Referral Office, which can help you get your credentials recognized in Canada, and the Job Bank of Canada, which lists thousands of jobs from across the country.
5. Get help from a professional: Sometimes it can be helpful to get assistance from a professional when searching for a job. Consider seeking out the services of a professional career counselor or coach who can help you develop an effective job search strategy.
Latest Jobs in Canada for Newcomers with Salaries in 2023
There are many job opportunities available for newcomers to Canada with salaries in 2023. Here are some of the latest jobs in Canada with salaries:
|Chicken plucker||MADINA FINE FOODS INC.||Canada||$20.00 hourly|
|Cabinetmaker||Kanata Woodwork||Mississauga (ON)||$27.00 hourly|
|Administrative officer||Kanata Woodwork||Mississauga (ON)||$27.50 hourly|
|Truck driver||EURO LINK LOGISTIC||Maidstone (ON)||$25.50 hourly|
|Butcher, retail||Canning Village Meat Market Inc.||Kingsport (NS)||$20.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Dispatcher, trucks||ARJ TRANSPORT LTD||Selkirk (MB)||$22.00 hourly|
|Office administrator||ARJ TRANSPORT LTD||Selkirk (MB)||$24.00 hourly|
|Hairstylist||Fresh Cuts By Roberto||Charlottetown (PE)||$15.00 hourly|
|Engineering manager||Vivanch Inc.||Sherwood Park (AB)||$25.00 hourly|
|Graphic designer||Vivanch Inc.||Sherwood Park (AB)||$23.00 hourly|
|Nail care technician||9350-0577 Quebec Inc.||Montréal (QC)||$25.00 hourly|
|Kitchen helper||A.R.L.E. Enterprise Inc.||Neguac (NB)||$14.00 to $16.00 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Painter||Quolus Construction Services Ltd.||Delta (BC)||$26.00 hourly|
|Unit supervisor – food services||McDonalds Restaurants||Winfield (BC)||$18.00 hourly|
|Unit supervisor – food services||McDonalds Restaurants||Kelowna (BC)||$18.00 hourly|
|Carpenter, concrete forms||Canadian Ramp Company||Innerkip (ON)||$35.00 hourly|
|Cook, ethnic foods||9376-7697 Quebec Inc.||Longueuil (QC)||$17.00 hourly|
|Marketing vice-president – financial, communications and other business services||Fairview Bakery||Calgary (AB)||$62.70 hourly|
|Office manager||Dawn Designs Studios Inc.||Brampton (ON)||$27.50 hourly|
|Food service supervisor||Subway (Bowen)||Nanaimo (BC)||$20.00 hourly|
|Retail store supervisor||PRECIOUS NATURAL PEARL JEWELRY LIMITED||Swift Current (SK)||$19.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Retail store supervisor||PRECIOUS NATURAL PEARL JEWELRY LIMITED||Regina (SK)||$20.00 to $21.00 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Cook||Black + Blue Restaurant||Vancouver (BC)||$20.00 to $22.00 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Plastic products manufacturing supervisor||Unique Blowmoulding Inc||Markham (ON)||$29.50 hourly|
|Administrative assistant||GILL ONWARD ENTERPRISES INC.||Penticton (BC)||$25.00 hourly|
|Liquor store sales clerk||JDH HOLDINGS LTD||Rosedale (BC)||$17.50 hourly|
|Retail sales associate||1111885 B.C Ltd||Abbotsford (BC)||$16.50 hourly|
|Assistant cook||Argo Greek Cuisine||Burnaby (BC)||$16.25 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Bookkeeper||United City Cartage Ltd.||Mississauga (ON)||$25.00 to $27.00 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Administrative officer||A1 Granite & Marble Ltd.||Calgary (AB)||$29.25 hourly|
|Warehouse supervisor||Persia Food Products Inc.||Vancouver (BC)||$28.85 hourly|
|Mechanical engineering technician||CTK Research & Development Canada Ltd.||Surrey (BC)||$33.00 to $40.00 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Carpenter||POLAR EXTERIOR INC.||Port Coquitlam (BC)||$30.00 hourly|
|Administrative assistant – office||Goodrich Terminal 2012 Ltd||Surrey (BC)||$25.00 hourly|
|Truck driver||10024632 Manitoba Ltd.||Winnipeg (MB)||$22.00 hourly|
|Cook||Broadway Bar & Grill||Nepean (ON)||$16.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Food service supervisor||Mucho Burrito||Kelowna (BC)||$18.00 hourly|
|Food counter attendant||Mucho Burrito||Kelowna (BC)||$15.65 hourly|
|Hairstylist||COBIA Salon||Kamloops (BC)||$17.00 hourly|
|Food service supervisor||Subway||Kelowna (BC)||$16.60 hourly|
|Kitchen helper||The Barley Mill Pub Ltd.||Penticton (BC)||$16.00 hourly|
|General construction supervisor||Westcorp Developments Ltd.||Surrey (BC)||$35.00 hourly|
|Painter||SAN INDUSTRIES LTD.||Various s||$26.50 hourly|
|Administrative assistant||Westcorp Developments Ltd.||Surrey (BC)||$26.50 hourly|
|Carpenter||Westcorp Developments Ltd.||Surrey (BC)||$30.00 hourly|
|Bookkeeper||Westcorp Developments Ltd.||Surrey (BC)||$26.50 hourly|
|Family caregiver||Santokh Nagra||Vancouver (BC)||$21.00 hourly|
|Food counter attendant||Tim Hortons||Bathurst (NB)||$13.75 hourly|
|Rotogravure pressman/woman – printing||Polynova Industries Inc.||Richmond (BC)||$30.00 hourly|
|Cook||Southern Comfort Villa Residence||Bathurst (NB)||$15.00 hourly|
|Health care aide||Southern Comfort Villa Residence||Bathurst (NB)||$16.60 hourly|
|Food service supervisor||Tim Hortons||Beresford (NB)||$14.00 hourly|
|Shelf stocker – retail||Your Dollar Store With More||Barrhead (AB)||$15.75 hourly|
|Home-care worker||Gurmeet Singh Pannu||Delta (BC)||$16.00 hourly|
|Insulator||Adler Construction Services||Calgary (AB)||$18.00 to $32.60 hourly (to be negotiated)|
|Administrative assistant||Consider Everything Immigration Inc||Surrey (BC)||$27.00 hourly|
|Restaurant manager||Micha Food Group Ltd.||Richmond (BC)||$26.45 hourly|
|Cook||Micha Food Group Ltd.||Richmond (BC)||$17.00 hourly|
|Bookkeeper||EVIN CONSTRUCTION GROUP BC CORP.||Vancouver (BC)||$25.00 hourly|
|Chef de partie||Cantina del Centro||Beaverdell (BC)||$20.00 hourly|
|Cleaner supervisor||R K Building Maintenance Ltd||Surrey (BC)||$29.50 hourly|
|Long haul truck driver||Sahib Transport Ltd.||Surrey (BC)||$27.50 hourly|
|Housekeeping room attendant||Okanagan Seasons Resort||Kelowna (BC)||$17.00 hourly|
|Cook||Triple O’s||Kelowna (BC)||$17.00 hourly|
|Administrative assistant||Western Force Transport Inc.||Abbotsford (BC)||$25.00 hourly|
|Food service supervisor||Triple O’s||Kelowna (BC)||$18.00 hourly|
|Server – food and beverage services||Mehfil Curry & Kebab East Indian Restaurant||Calgary (AB)||$17.00 hourly|
|Food service supervisor||Subway||Enderby (BC)||$16.60 hourly|
|Home child care provider||Shuxiang He||West Vancouver (BC)||$16.00 hourly|
|Food service supervisor||Subway||Armstrong (BC)||$16.60 hourly|
|Store manager – retail||2721085 Ontario Inc||Concord (ON)||$40.00 hourly|
|Store manager – retail||2641878 Ontario Inc||Brampton (ON)||$40.00 hourly|
|Food service supervisor||Subway||Vernon (BC)||$16.60 hourly|
|Sales associate – retail||2721085 Ontario Inc||Concord (ON)||$16.50 hourly|
|Sales associate – retail||2641878 Ontario Inc||Brampton (ON)||$16.50 hourly|
How to Apply for Newcomers Jobs in Canada?
If you’re a newcomer to Canada, you may be wondering how to go about finding a job. Here are some tips on how to find jobs for newcomers in Canada:
1. Start by searching the internet or newspapers for job postings. Many websites and online job boards list job openings in Canada, such as Indeed (www.indeed.ca) and Workopolis (www.workopolis.com). You can also check out the government of Canada’s Job Bank website (www5.hrsdc-drhc.gc.ca/jobbank), which has a searchable database of job postings from across the country.
2. Network with people you know who live in Canada. Ask them if they know of any job openings or if they can put in a good word for you with their employer.
3. Attend job fairs or networking events specifically for newcomers to Canada. These events are often organized by immigrant-serving organizations and can be a great way to meet employers who are hiring newcomers.
4.. Sign up with a staffing agency that specializes in finding employment for newcomers to Canada. These agencies can help match you with open positions that fit your skills and experience.
5. Look into the various job search services offered by immigrant-serving organizations across Canada. These organizations often provide one-on-one job search help and access to employers looking to hire newcomers.
6. Talk to the people at your local Employment Resource Centre or Service Canada office. They can provide you with information about job postings in your area, as well as advice on how to write a résumé and prepare for interviews.
7. Make sure to update your résumé and cover letter to highlight the skills and experience you have from your home country and any education or training you have received in Canada.
8. Finally, don’t give up! Finding a job in a new country can take time, so be patient and keep searching until you find the right opportunity for yourself.